Venue: Committee Room 1, Town Hall
Contact: Charlotte Kearsey 01246 345236
Declaration of Members' and Officers' Interests relating to items on the Agenda
Apologies for Absence
Exclusion of Public
To move “That under Regulation 21(1)(b) of the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements)(Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2000, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in the following Paragraphs of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972.”
Paragraph 4 - On the grounds that it contains information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations, in connection with any labour relations matter arising between the authority or a Minister of the Crown and employees of, or office holders under, the authority.
Planning Services Resources
1. That the proposed new staffing structures for the Strategic Planning and Key Sites Team and the Development Management Team, as attached at appendix C of the officer’s report, be approved.
2. That the proposal to establish the new posts of Principal Planning Officer, Enforcement Officer and four Career Grade Planner / Senior Planners in the Development Management Team be approved.
3. That the proposal to establish two new Career Grade Planner / Senior Planner posts in the Strategic Planning and Key Sites Team be approved.
4. That the existing posts of Career Grade Planning Assistant and two Planning Assistants in the Development Management Team and two Senior Planners in the Strategic Planning be removed from the staffing establishment.
5. That the proposal to establish the new post of Housing Delivery Manager in the Economic Development Team be approved.
6. That a contribution of £25,000 per annum from the Housing Revenue Account, to support the cost of the proposed Housing Delivery Manager, be approved.
7. That a new provision of up to £15,000 per annum within the Development Management Team and Strategic Planning budgets to meet the costs of viability advice be allocated.
8. That an allowance be included within the 2019/20 Development Management Team and Strategic Planning budgets of up to £30,000, to provide provision for review and improvement of planning administration and validation processes.
REASONS FOR RECOMMENDATIONS
To ensure the Planning Service is properly structured and resourced to continue to deliver the statutory and local functions in support of sustainable economic and housing growth in the Borough.