Decision Maker: Joint Cabinet and Employment & General Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
to review the current and future challenges
facing the Councils Planning Service and recommend staffing
structures that are better able to meet these challenges and
deliver on the Council's Priorities
1. That the proposed new staffing structures for the Strategic Planning and Key Sites Team and the Development Management Team, as attached at appendix C of the officer’s report, be approved.
2. That the proposal to establish the new posts of Principal Planning Officer, Enforcement Officer and four Career Grade Planner / Senior Planners in the Development Management Team be approved.
3. That the proposal to establish two new Career Grade Planner / Senior Planner posts in the Strategic Planning and Key Sites Team be approved.
4. That the existing posts of Career Grade Planning Assistant and two Planning Assistants in the Development Management Team and two Senior Planners in the Strategic Planning be removed from the staffing establishment.
5. That the proposal to establish the new post of Housing Delivery Manager in the Economic Development Team be approved.
6. That a contribution of £25,000 per annum from the Housing Revenue Account, to support the cost of the proposed Housing Delivery Manager, be approved.
7. That a new provision of up to £15,000 per annum within the Development Management Team and Strategic Planning budgets to meet the costs of viability advice be allocated.
8. That an allowance be included within the 2019/20 Development Management Team and Strategic Planning budgets of up to £30,000, to provide provision for review and improvement of planning administration and validation processes.
REASONS FOR RECOMMENDATIONS
To ensure the Planning Service is properly structured and resourced to continue to deliver the statutory and local functions in support of sustainable economic and housing growth in the Borough.
Reason Key: Has a significant impact in environmental, physical, social or economic terms on communities;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Neil Johnson, Assistant Director - Economic Growth Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01246 345241.
Report author: Neil Johnson
Publication date: 04/12/2018
Date of decision: 04/12/2018
Decided at meeting: 04/12/2018 - Joint Cabinet and Employment & General Committee