Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
That Cabinet recommends to full Council that:
1. Approval be given to continue with the current Local Council Tax Support Scheme for 2019/20. The scheme is based on The Council Tax Reduction Scheme England Regulations 2012 amended to reflect the following local decisions concerning the key principles of the scheme:
· For those of working age the maximum amount of the Local Council Tax that will be eligible for reduction is 91.5 per cent of their Council Tax Liability.
· The Council continues its policy of disregarding war pensions for the purposes of calculating income in respect of the Council Tax Support scheme.
· The ‘taper’, i.e. the rate at which support is withdrawn as income increases, be maintained at 20 per cent.
2. Delegated powers be granted to the Director of Finance and Resources to update the Local Council Tax Support Scheme 2019/20, to reflect such up-ratings of premiums, allowances and non-dependent deductions as may be determined by the Department for Work and Pensions, and other minor technical changes which may be required.
3. Approval be given to continue the current local council tax discounts, which were originally implemented in 2013/14.
REASON FOR DECISIONS
To ensure that the Council is able to continue to operate a localised scheme providing council tax support from April 2019.
Reason Key: Decision to spend £100,000 or more from an approved budget;
Contact: Helen Fox Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01246 345452.
Report author: Helen Fox
Publication date: 04/12/2018
Date of decision: 04/12/2018
Decided at meeting: 04/12/2018 - Cabinet