Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
to set rent and service charge levels for
1. That for 2019/20, approval be given to set individual social rents based on the current National Social Rent Policy, giving a cash rent decrease of 1% with effect from 1 April, 2019.
2. That for 2019/20 onwards, approval be given to increase the rent level for a social rent property to the target rent, where the property is re-let to a new or transferring tenant.
3. That for 2019/20 onwards, approval be given to set individual affordable rents based on the current National Social Rent Policy, giving a cash rent decrease of 1% with effect from 1 April, 2019.
4. That for 2019/20 onwards, approval be given to set the rent level of an affordable rent property that is re-let to a new or transferring tenant, by reference to 80% of the market rent for a similar property prevailing at the time of re-letting.
5. That the revised levels of service charges, as set out in paragraph 8.5 of the officer’s report, be approved.
6. That the Director of Finance and Resources, in consultation with the Assistant Director – Housing, be granted delegated authority to implement any variation of rent during the 2019/20 financial year as necessary to take account of the adjustments referred to in paragraph 3.15 of the officer’s report.
REASONS FOR DECISIONS
1. To enable the council to set the level of council house rents in accordance with Government guidelines.
2. To enable the council to set service charges for 2019/20 and to ensure that the cost of delivering services continues to break even.
3. To contribute to the council’s corporate priority ‘To improve the quality of life for local people’.
Reason Key: Has a significant impact in environmental, physical, social or economic terms on communities;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Report author: Alison Craig
Publication date: 15/01/2019
Date of decision: 15/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 15/01/2019 - Cabinet