Decision Maker: Joint Cabinet and Employment & General Committee, Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Report seeking approval of plans to ensure
that the growth strategy set out for the borough can be
1. That an informal Joint Growth Board with Derbyshire County Council be established in order to provide improved focus on the delivery of key growth projects within Chesterfield borough.
2. That a new Joint Growth Unit, with officer roles designed to focus on the delivery of key growth projects, be established with additional provision for the commissioning of further specialist advice and support as required.
3. That a new Skills Delivery Officer post, be established in the Economic Development Service.
4. That the Executive Director, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Economic Growth, be granted delegated authority to approve the final job descriptions for the new posts and the final budget for the Joint Growth Unit.
5. That it be recommended to Full Council that the costs of establishing the new Joint Growth Unit be met through the retained business rates income received from the Markham Vale Enterprise Zone.
REASONS FOR RECOMMENDATIONS
To ensure that the delivery of key growth projects and programmes is effectively structured and resourced in support of sustainable economic and housing growth to drive outcomes and benefits for the community and to ensure Chesterfield achieves its growth strategy objectives.
Reason Key: Decision to spend £100,000 or more from an approved budget;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Neil Johnson, Assistant Director - Economic Growth Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01246 345241.
Report author: Michael Rich
Publication date: 01/10/2019
Date of decision: 01/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 01/10/2019 - Joint Cabinet and Employment & General Committee
Effective from: 07/10/2019