Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To gain approval for the Local Council Tax
Support (LCTS) scheme to apply in 2020/21.
That Cabinet recommends to full Council that:
(1) Approval be given to continue with the current Local Council Tax Support scheme for 2020/21. The scheme is based on The Council Tax Reduction Scheme England Regulations 2012 amended to reflect the following local decisions concerning the key principles of the scheme:
· For those of working age the maximum amount of the Local Council Tax that will be eligible for reduction is 91.5% of their full Council Tax Liability;
· The Council continues its policy of disregarding war pensions for the purposes of calculating income in respect of the Local Council Tax Support scheme;
· The ‘taper’, i.e. the rate at which support is withdrawn as income increases be maintained at 20%.
(2) Delegated powers be granted to the Chief Finance Officer in conjunction with the Cabinet Member for Business Transformation to update the 2020/21 scheme to reflect such up-ratings of premiums, allowances and non-dependent deductions as may be determined by the Department of Work and Pensions, and in respect of other minor technical changes which may be required.
(3) Approval be given to continue the current local council tax discounts, which were originally implemented in 2013/14.
REASON FOR DECISIONS
To ensure that the Council is able to continue to operate a localised scheme providing council tax support from April 2020.
Reason Key: Has a significant impact in environmental, physical, social or economic terms on communities;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Richard Staniforth Email: email@example.com Tel: 01246 345456.
Report author: Richard Staniforth
Publication date: 03/12/2019
Date of decision: 03/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 03/12/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 09/12/2019
Current call-in Count: 0