Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
* RESOLVED –
1. That there be no increase in stall fees from 1 April 2020 on the general, flea and farmers markets.
2. That there be no increase on the car boot sale fee from 1 April, 2020.
3. That there be a 10p increase on the electricity charge levied per stall, per day from 1 April, 2020.
4. That there be no increase in storage charges from 1 April, 2020.
5. That there be no increase to the publicity levy on the open market from 1 April, 2020.
6. That the Market Manager continues to have delegated authority to negotiate stall fees outside the set fees to support new traders, existing traders that are struggling to continue and larger traders occupying multiple stalls.
7. That no rent-free holiday period be granted to licensed traders for 2020/21.
8. That a review of the current operating costs be undertaken, in particular those relating to the Market cleaning arrangements within the current contract with Veolia.
9. That on completion of the market reconfiguration project a review of the pricing structure be implemented, taking into account, as one of the key project outcomes, the creation of stalls that are better positioned to attract higher footfall flows and clearer sight lines, enabling the majority of stalls to trade more effectively and creating more premium stalls, which will attract more traders and generate increased income.
REASONS FOR DECISIONS
1. To continue to secure a viable open air market in Chesterfield.
2. To ensure that the Council continues to receive an acceptable return on a valuable town centre asset through supporting traders during this continued economic downturn.
Reason Key: Has a significant impact in environmental, physical, social or economic terms on communities;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Andy Bond Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01246 345991.
Report author: Andy Bond
Publication date: 03/12/2019
Date of decision: 03/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 03/12/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 09/12/2019
Current call-in Count: 0