Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
* RESOLVED –
1. That from 1 April 2020 the cost to park will be 80p for up to 30 minutes, £1.60 for up to 1 hour, £2.80 for up to 2 hours, £3.00 for up to 3 hours and £4.50 for up to 4 hours in all town centre car parks.
2. That in all short stay/shoppers’ car parks, as listed in paragraph 4.1 of the officer’s report, from 1 April, 2020 it will cost £1.60 for each subsequent hour over 4 hours to park. In all long stay car parks (except Saltergate MSCP) the price to park over 4 hours will be £5.00 (up to 12 hours).
3. That the price to park at Saltergate MSCP will be £6 for over 5 hours and up to 24 hours from 1 April 2020, as a stand- alone tariff with Saltergate being the only 24 hour charging car park.
4. That all residents of the borough will continue to benefit from free parking in 2020/21 before 10am and after 3pm Monday to Saturday and all day Sunday and on Bank Holidays at selected surface car parks using the Resident Parking Permit.
5. That if the income target is achieved in 2020/21 there will be no increase in tariffs in 2021/22 but the prices will be reviewed for 2022/23.
6. That delegated authority be granted to the Town Centre Operations Manager to negotiate monthly and annual permit prices as necessary to attract new business and be competitive with competitor offers, as recommended in the July 2019 Car Park audit.
REASONS FOR DECISIONS
1. To continue to support the town centre economy, providing competitively priced car parks with simple charging structures and convenient payment methods and tariffs.
2. To ensure that the Council continues to receive an acceptable return on a valuable town centre asset.
Reason Key: Has a significant impact in environmental, physical, social or economic terms on communities;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Andy Bond Email: email@example.com Tel: 01246 345991.
Report author: Andy Bond
Publication date: 03/12/2019
Date of decision: 03/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 03/12/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 09/12/2019