Decision Maker: Joint Cabinet and Employment & General Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That the proposed Private Sector Housing Action Plan be approved and two new posts be established within the Private Sector Housing Team.
2. That the Private Sector Housing Renewal Policy (2021-2024) be approved.
3. That the Service Director – Housing be granted delegated authority to agree minor adjustments to the Renewal Policy and Action Plan between formal review periods.
REASONS FOR DECISIONS
1. To allow the Private Sector Housing Team to help more vulnerable tenants living in owner-occupied and private rented accommodation within the borough.
2. To enable the Council to offer financial assistance (other than Disabled Facilities Grants) to vulnerable homeowners which will allow them to continue to live independently in their own, warm and safe homes.
Reason Key: Has a significant impact in environmental, physical, social or economic terms on communities;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Sarah Watts, Private sector housing manager Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Sarah Watts
Publication date: 13/04/2021
Date of decision: 13/04/2021
Decided at meeting: 13/04/2021 - Joint Cabinet and Employment & General Committee