Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That the forecast position of the General Fund Revenue Account at the close of period 5 for the financial year 2023/24 and the continuing uncertainty associated with the outturn forecast resulting from the significant in year inflationary and demand led cost pressures be noted.
2. That the strategy for achieving, as a minimum, a balanced budget outturn position for the financial year 2023/24 be supported.
3. That the General Fund Capital Programme expenditure forecast at the close of period 5 for the financial year 2023/24 be noted.
REASONS FOR DECISIONS
1. This periodic monitoring report summarises the current assessment of the Council’s forecast outturn for the current financial year and sets out the active management mitigations to be progressed to balance the 2023/24 budget. It also provides a robust basis for medium term financial planning.
2. This is the second formal monitoring report for the 2023/24 financial year and comes at a time when the Council is experiencing financial pressures due to the current economic situation, cost and pay inflation and the ongoing impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and the cost-of-living crisis.
Publication date: 14/11/2023
Date of decision: 14/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/11/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/11/2023