Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That the financial operating context, updated budget assumptions and the current Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) gaps be noted.
2. That officers be authorised to progress with the delivery of the operational savings proposals set out in the Budget Strategy Implementation Plan – stage 1 (Paragraph 3.29 and Appendix A).
3. That the proposals set out in the Budget Strategy Implementation Plan – stage 2 (Paragraphs 3.30 and Appendix B) be approved in principle.
4. That officers be authorised to progress the development of the proposals through to appropriate decision-making, in line with the Council’s constitution and statutory requirements, including carrying out more specific engagement and consultation activities where required by law and best practice.
5. That a Budget Conversation with residents, businesses, and stakeholders across the borough be launched to set out the challenges that the Council is facing and to seek feedback on the proposed strategic approach to achieving a balanced budget for 2024/25 and over the period of the MTFP.
REASON FOR DECISIONS
To respond to the scale of the challenging financial environment within which the Council is operating and to enable the Council to work towards developing a balanced 2024/25 budget and MTFP, which will support the Council to continue to deliver against the vision and priorities set out in the Council Plan.
Publication date: 14/11/2023
Date of decision: 14/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/11/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/11/2023