Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider the General Fund budget report and
to make recommendations to the full Council on the budget
allocations and council tax level for 2019/20
That it be recommended to full Council that:
1. The revised budget for 2018/19 be approved.
2. Delegated authority be granted to the Director of Finance and Resources, in consultation with the Deputy Leader of the Council, to make decisions related to the application of the business rates retail relief scheme.
3. The Collection Fund and Tax Base forecasts be noted.
4. The overall revenue budget summary for 2019/20 be approved.
5. The use of capital receipts to fund the revenue costs of the ICT programme be approved on the basis that implementation of the programme will lead to budget savings.
6. The budget forecasts for 2020/21 and the medium term forecasts, as well as the strategy for addressing the projected deficits, be noted.
7. The estimates of reserves including maintaining the General Working Balance at £1.5m be approved.
8. The budget risks and sensitivity analysis be noted.
9. The recommended £5 increase in the Council’s share of Council Tax for a Band ‘D’ property in 2019/20 be approved.
10.The 2019/20 Council Tax Requirement and financing be approved.
11.The Director of Finance and Resources’ assurances be noted.
REASON FOR DECISIONS
In order to meet the statutory requirements relating to setting a budget and the council tax.
Reason Key: Decision to spend £100,000 or more from an approved budget;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Report author: Richard Staniforth
Publication date: 26/02/2019
Date of decision: 26/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 26/02/2019 - Cabinet