Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That, for 2021/22, individual social rents be set based on the current National Social Rent Policy, giving a rent increase of 1.5% with effect from 5 April, 2021.
2. That, for 2021/22 and onwards, where a social rent property is re-let to a new or transferring tenant the rent level be increased to the target rent for that property.
3. That, for 2021/22, individual affordable rents be set based on the current National Social Rent Policy giving a rent increase of 1.5% with effect from 5 April, 2021.
4. That, for 2021/22, and onwards, where an affordable rent property is re-let to a new or transferring tenant the rent level be set by reference to 80% of the market rent (including service charges where applicable) for a similar property at the time of letting or the formula rent for the property, whichever is the greater.
5. That the Housing Revenue Account service charges for 2021/22 be increased as set out in Appendix A of the officer’s report.
REASONS FOR DECISIONS
1. To enable the council to set the level of council house rents in accordance with Government guidelines and the Rent Standard.
2. To enable the council to set service charges for 2021/22 and ensuring the cost of delivering services continues to break even.
3. To contribute to the council’s corporate priority ‘to improve the quality of life for local people’.
Reason Key: Has a significant impact in environmental, physical, social or economic terms on communities;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: James Crouch Email: email@example.com Tel: 01246 345150.
Report author: James Crouch
Publication date: 12/01/2021
Date of decision: 12/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 12/01/2021 - Cabinet