The Internal Audit Consortium Manager presented a report for members to consider and agree the Internal Audit Plan for 2019/20.
The detailed plan for 2019/20 was attached at Appendix B to the report and had been prepared in consultation with the Senior Leadership Team and the Corporate Management Team, taking into account the following factors:
· The Council’s objectives and priorities;
· Local and national issues and risks;
· The requirement to produce an annual internal audit opinion;
· The Council’s assurance framework;
· An update of the internal audit risk assessment exercise covering the financial control and other procedures subject to audit;
· The Council’s strategic risk register;
· The views of the Corporate Management Team.
The plan outlined the assignments to be carried out during 2019/20, their respective priorities and the estimated resources needed. The plan allocated 560 days to Chesterfield Borough Council for 2019/20, which was the same allocation as in the previous three years.
The Internal Audit Consortium Manager was satisfied that the plan would provide sufficient data to form an audit opinion.
That the Internal Audit Plan for 2019/20 be agreed.