The Annual Audit Letter from Mr Tony Crawley of KPMG had been received for the year 2017/18.
The Annual Audit Letter summarised the outcome from the external auditor’s work at the Council during 2017/18, including reference to:
· The unqualified conclusion on the authority’s arrangements to secure value for money;
· The unqualified opinion on the authority’s financial statements;
· The review of the Annual Governance Statement; and
· Confirmation of the audit fee for 2017/18 as £52,445 excluding VAT.
It also gave a summary of reports issued during 2018, which included:
· Certification of Grants and Returns;
· External Audit Plan;
· Auditor’s Report;
· Report to Those Charged with Governance; and
· Annual Audit Letter for 2017/18.
* RESOLVED –
That the Annual Audit Letter for 2017/18 be received.