Venue: Committee Room 1 Town Hall Chesterfield
Contact: Email: email@example.com 01246345236
Declarations of Members' and Officers' Interests relating to items on the agenda
No declarations of interest were received.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors B Bingham and S Niblock.
The Licensing Officer presented a report to seek approval for revised licence and registration fees for 2024/25.
In accordance with the Council’s financial regulations, it is necessary for all fees to be annually reviewed.
The services related to the regulation, control and administration of the following areas:
· Private Hire and Hackney Carriage fees
· Scrap Metal collectors and sites
· Miscellaneous licensing fees
A summary of proposed fees was provided at Appendix A of the officer’s report, which sets out the fees and charges and the proposed increase from 1 April 2024.
That the increase in fees and charges, from 1 April 2024, be approved.
The Licensing Officer presented a report on the proposed amendments to the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy and that the amendments would provide greater clarity in terms of taxi regulation and would not adversely affect public safety.
These are as follows:
- Disclosure & Baring Service (DBS) proposal is to amend paragraph 1.10 of the Council’s policy. DBS certificates obtained via an authorised and regulated third party could reduce costs to the Council in both time and money and could provide an umbrella body status for the Council to obtain DBS certificates for employees. Any decision in this regard would be subject to the agreement of senior leadership within the Council and subject to procurement rules.
- Vehicle Side-Steps - to remove the requirements in paragraph 2.1 as these had become outdated and type approval now covers these requirements and ensure any such equipment is safe and fit for use.
- Vehicle Signage - paragraph 2.11 to be amended to clarify that no signage or advertising is permitted on the front or side windows.
amendments to the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire