Contact: Charlotte Kearsey 01246 345236
Note: This meeting will be conducted virtually through Microsoft Teams
Declaration of Members' and Officers' Interests relating to items on the Agenda
Apologies for Absence
Exclusion of Public
To move “That under Regulation 21(1)(b) of the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements)(Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2000, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972.”
Part 2 (Non Public Information)
Proposals for the restructure of the Corporate Management Team
1. That the proposed new substantive tier 3 structure, as set out in Appendix B of the officer’s report, be approved and the Chief Executive and Executive Directors be authorised to implement the new structure in line with the Councils HR policies and procedures.
2. That the establishment of an Interim Transformation Director post to support the transformation of services from the current substantive structure to the new structure be approved and that this post be filled by the current post holder of the role of Interim Assistant Director of Commercial Services.
3. That it be noted that the revisions to the service portfolios will require further restructuring at the tiers below. This stage will form part of an associated Organisational Development Programme, which will enable implementation to be regularly monitored and reviewed. A further report will be brought to a future Joint Cabinet and Employment and General Committee to seek approval for this approach and any associated resource requirements, if required.
4. That the recommendations from the Local Government Association review of the banding and remuneration for the new Service Director posts, and the recommended remuneration levels for the Chief Executive and the Executive Director roles be noted and accepted.
5. That it be approved that:
· the remuneration for the new Service Director posts be set on a spot point, as set out in paragraph 9.9 of the officer’s report;
· there will be no change to the Executive Director remuneration; and
· the remuneration for the Chief Executive post be set on a spot point, as set out in paragraph 9.9 of the officer’s report.
6. That it be noted that the current Chief Executive, through his response to the consultation process, has confirmed to the Council his resolve to not accept the increase in remuneration that has been recommended by the LGA at this time.
7. That the position of the current Chief Executive at this time be accepted.
8. That it be noted that, in approving the proposed structure and interim ongoing management arrangements, savings of £12,800 will be made up to 31 March 2021; with an annual budget saving of £33,000 from April 2021.
9. That the savings arising from the proposed changes be used to support implementation of the above proposals and the consequential changes that will be required to roles at the tiers below as the new service portfolios are developed be approved.
10. That an internal recruitment process for the role of Service Director – Corporate be approved.
11. That an external recruitment process for the role of Service Director – Finance be approved.
12. That the Employment and General Committee establish a politically balanced Appointments Panel including (by co-option) appropriate Cabinet or non-Cabinet members to make appointments to the roles of Service Director - Corporate (internal) and Service Director – Finance (external).
REASON FOR DECISIONS
To achieve the aim of establishing a new Corporate Leadership Team that ensures the delivery of the Council Plan vision and objectives and the day to ... view the full decision text for item 5.