Contact: Charlotte Kearsey 01246 345236
Declaration of Members' and Officers' Interests relating to items on the Agenda
Apologies for Absence
1. That the proposed Private Sector Housing Action Plan be approved and two new posts be established within the Private Sector Housing Team.
2. That the Private Sector Housing Renewal Policy (2021-2024) be approved.
3. That the Service Director – Housing be granted delegated authority to agree minor adjustments to the Renewal Policy and Action Plan between formal review periods.
REASONS FOR DECISIONS
1. To allow the Private Sector Housing Team to help more vulnerable tenants living in owner-occupied and private rented accommodation within the borough.
2. To enable the Council to offer financial assistance (other than Disabled Facilities Grants) to vulnerable homeowners which will allow them to continue to live independently in their own, warm and safe homes.
1. That it be recommended to Full Council:
a) That the proposed Organisational Development Strategy, as attached at Appendix A of the officer’s report, be approved.
b) That funding be allocated from the Service Improvement Reserve to support the establishment of two fixed term posts, for a two-year period, to support delivery of the Organisational Development Strategy and its associated Delivery Plan.
2. That the proposed Corporate Project Management Framework, as attached at Appendix B of the officer’s report, be approved.
3. That, subject to full Council approval of the required funding, two fixed term posts be established, the Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for which are attached at Appendix C of the officer’s report.
4. That a further report be brought to a future Joint Cabinet and Employment & General Committee meeting to approve the final Organisational Development Delivery Plan and any associated resourcing requirements.
REASONS FOR DECISIONS
The recommendations are made in order to achieve:
· Continued successful delivery of Council Plan priorities
· Effective prioritisation and use of resources
· Increased organisational capability and capacity
· Further growth of the Council’s positive culture and ‘can do’ approach
· Delivery of efficiencies and financial savings
· Increased organisational resilience
· Increased maturity in planning and delivery activities
· Continuous improvement and innovation
1. That the proposal to establish three new posts to manage the Staveley Town Deal together with associated budgets, as set out in section 4.13 of the officer’s report, be approved.
2. That the role to be played by the council as the Accountable Body for the Towns Fund, as set out in section 4.3 of the officer’s report, be noted.
3. That the Council makes a direct financial contribution towards the costs of programme management, as set out in section 7 of the officer’s report, to be and funded from the retained business rates from Markham Vale Enterprise Zone.
REASON FOR DECISIONS
To ensure that adequate resources are put in place to successfully manage a significant multi-year capital programme.