Venue: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Rose Hill, Chesterfield
Contact: Charlotte Kearsey 01246 345236
Declaration of Members' and Officers' Interests relating to items on the Agenda
Apologies for Absence
Exclusion of Public
To move “That under Regulation 21(1)(b) of the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements)(Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2000, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in the following Paragraphs 1 and 4 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972.”
Part 2 (Non Public Information)
Proposals for restructure of Directorate Leadership Teams
1. That the need to establish a new tier four staffing structure to provide leadership capacity to progress the further reshaping of the Council, as part of the range of projects to be developed through the Organisational Development programme, to ultimately improve the way in which the Council delivers and achieves outcomes set out in the Council Plan is recognised.
2. That the key corporate and service responsibilities of the new tier four roles be approved.
3. That the proposed new directorate leadership team structures, as set out in paragraphs 9.2 and 9.16 of the officer’s report, be approved and authority be delegated to the Service Directors to implement the new structure in line with the Council’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
4. That the pay and grading approach for the tier four roles, as set out in paragraphs 9.13 to 9.15 of the officer’s report, be approved including:
· retaining the tier four roles within Green Book terms and conditions
· continuing to evaluate the roles through the Council’s existing NJC job evaluation scheme
· continuing, where considered appropriate, to use specific allowances to reflect additional statutory responsibilities and market supplements to support recruitment and retention
That it be recommended to Full Council that:
1. The proposals be funding through the allocation of up to £364,000 from Central Fund Reserves and up to £135,000 from the Housing Revenue Account working balance to fund the total one-off costs for the proposed 2 year fixed term appointments and through supplementary estimates of £7,940 from the General Fund and £9,760 from the Housing Revenue Account to cover the 2021/22 costs for the proposed permanent charges to the establishment.
2. The ongoing funding of £49,490 from the General Fund and £20,940 from the Housing Revenue Account for the costs associated with the proposed permanent charges to the establishment, to be built into the Medium Term Financial Plan from 2022/23, be approved.
REASON FOR DECISIONS
To support the newly established Service Directors in delivering the significant range of priorities set out in the Council’s ambitious Council Plan, achieving positive outcomes for our communities and delivering services in a safe, legal and financially sustainable manner.