*The Committee considered the under-mentioned applications in light of reports by the Development Management and Conservation Manager and resolved as follows:-
CHE/18/00697/OUT - ERECTION OF FOUR HOUSES WITH ENCLOSED GARDENS, DESIGNATED OFF ROAD CAR PARKING AND COMMUNAL BIN STORES WITH NEW ACCESS FROM SYDNEY STREET. (REVISED INFORMATION RECEIVED ON 20.11.2018, REVISED DESCRIPTION RECEIVED 18.12.2018) AT ST MARKS VICARAGE, 15 ST MARKS ROAD, CHESTERFIELD S40 1DH FOR THE DERBY DIOCESAN BOARD OF FINANCE
In accordance with Minute No. 299 (2001/2002) Stacey Brown (objector) addressed the meeting.
1. Approval of the details of the scale, external appearance and landscaping of the site (hereinafter called "the reserved matters") shall be obtained from the Local Planning Authority in writing before any development is commenced.
2. Application for approval of all the reserved matters shall be made to the Local Planning Authority before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
3. The development hereby permitted shall be begun either before the expiration of five years from the date of this permission, or before the expiration of two years from the date of approval of the last of the reserved matters to be approved, whichever is the later.
4. Details of the existing and proposed land levels and the proposed floor levels of the dwelling hereby approved shall be submitted in writing concurrently with any application for the reserved matters being submitted to the Local Planning Authority for consideration. The details submitted shall include sufficient cross sections to fully assess the relationship between the proposed levels and immediately adjacent land/dwellings. The dwelling shall be constructed at the levels approved under this condition unless otherwise agreed, in writing, by the Local Planning Authority.
5. Before construction works commence or ordering of external materials takes place, precise specifications or samples of the walling and roofing materials to be used shall be submitted to the Local Planning Authority for consideration. Only those materials approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority shall be used as part of the development unless otherwise agreed by the Local Planning Authority in writing.
6. Unless otherwise approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority demolition, remediation or construction work to implement the permission hereby granted shall only be carried out on site between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 3:30pm on a Saturday and no work on a Sunday or Public Holiday. The term "work" will also apply to the operation of plant, machinery and equipment.
7. Before groundwork commences, the proposed vehicular [and pedestrian] access to Sydney Street (NC) shall be created in accordance with the application drawings, laid out, constructed and provided with 2.4m x 43m visibility splays in both directions, the area in advance of the sightlines being maintained throughout the life of the development clear of any object greater than 1m in height (0.6m in the case of vegetation) relative to adjoining nearside carriageway channel level.
8. There shall be no gates or other barriers within 5m of the nearside highway boundary at the vehicular access and all gates shall open inwards only.
9. Before occupation, the area shown on the approved plans as reserved for parking, garaging, circulation and standing of vehicles shall be provided in accordance with the approved details. Thereafter the area shall be used for those purposes only and maintained free from any impediment to its designated use.
10. No development shall take place until details of the proposed means of disposal of foul and surface water drainage, including details of any balancing works and off-site works, have been submitted to and approved in writing by The Local Planning Authority. These details shall conform to the Chesterfield Borough Council Minimum Development Control Standards for Flood Risk.
11. No development shall take place until site investigation works have been undertaken in order to establish the exact situation regarding coal mining legacy issues on the site. Details of the site investigation works shall be submitted to and approved in writing by The Local Planning Authority. The details shall include;
• The submission of a scheme of intrusive site investigations for approval;
• The undertaking of that scheme of intrusive site investigations;
• The submission of a report of findings arising from the intrusive site investigations;
• The submission of a scheme of remedial works for approval; and
• Implementation of those remedial works
12. The site shall be developed with separate systems of drainage for foul and surface water on and off site. (In the interest of satisfactory and sustainable drainage)
13. There shall be no piped discharge of surface water from the development prior to the completion of surface water drainage works, details of which will have been submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority. If discharge to public sewer is proposed, the information shall include, but not be exclusive to
i) evidence that other means of surface water drainage have been properly considered and why they have been discounted; and
ii) the means by which the discharge rate shall be restricted to a maximum rate of 3.5 litres per second.
14. As part of the reserved matters, details of treatment of all parts on the site not covered by buildings shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The site shall be landscaped strictly in accordance with the approved details in the first planting season after completion or first occupation of the development, whichever is the sooner. Details shall include:
a) a scaled plan showing trees and plants to be planted:
b) proposed hardstanding and boundary treatment:
c) a schedule detailing sizes and numbers of all proposed trees/plants
d) sufficient specification to ensure successful establishment and survival of new planting.
Any new tree(s) that die(s), are/is removed, become(s) severely damaged or diseased shall be replaced and any new planting (other than trees) which dies, is removed, becomes severely damaged or diseased within five years of planting shall be replaced. Replacement planting shall be in accordance with the approved details (unless the Local Planning Authority gives its written consent to any variation).
15. As part of the reserved matters, an ecological survey report for the site shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. This shall be undertaken by a suitably experienced and qualified ecologist, to not only determine the existing ecological interest of the site but to also devise a strategy that enhances the ecological interest of the site, in line with guidance within Paragraph 175d of the NPPF. This could include native landscaping, retention of existing features of ecological value (such as the hedgerow) and incorporation of bat and bird boxes into the new dwellings.
16. Electric Vehicle Charging Points shall be installed as part of the build phase and shall be retained available for use for the life of the development.
In accordance with Minute No. 299 (2001/2002) Councillor Steve Brunt (ward member) addressed the meeting.
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
2. All external dimensions and elevational treatments shall be as shown on the approved plans (listed below) with the exception on any approved non material amendment
· Amended site location plan, drawing reference JW 281018-A
· Drawing 03 (July 2018) (see application reference CHE/18/00512/FUL)
· Drawing 05 (July 2018) (see application reference CHE/18/00512/FUL)
· Site location plan
· Notes to planning application for 13 Gladstone Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 4TE
3. An Electric Vehicle Charging Point shall be installed as part of the build phase and which shall be retained available for use for the life of the development.
CHE/18/00622/FUL - PROVISION OF 1 PARKING SPACE AND DROPPED KERB AT 19 JAWBONES HILL, ST AUGUSTINES, CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRE S40 2EN FOR MR DAVID COLE
In accordance with Minute No. 299 (2001/2002) Councillor Kate Sarvent (ward member) addressed the meeting on behalf of the applicant and did not take part in the consideration of this application.
1. The development hereby approved shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
2. All external dimensions and elevational treatments shall be as shown on the approved plans, with the exception of any approved non material amendment.
3. The parking and turning spaces shall be in a porous material or provided with a drainage grill in accordance with details which have been first agreed in writing by the local planning authority.
4. The new vehicular access shall be formed to Jawbones Hill in accordance with the revised application drawing and provided with visibility sightlines extending from a point 2.4 metres from the carriageway edge, measured along the centreline of the access, to the extremities of the site frontage abutting the highway in each direction. The land in advance of the visibility sightlines shall be retained throughout the life of the development free of any object greater than 1m in height (0.6m in the case of vegetation) relative to adjoining nearside carriageway channel level. The vehicular and pedestrian access, parking area and the manoeuvring area shall be maintained and kept available for their designated use at all times thereafter.
5. There shall be no gates or other barriers set forward of the visibility splay line specified in condition 4 above.
6. The proposed access/drive shall be no steeper than 1 in 14 over its entire length.
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the
expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
2. All external dimensions and elevational treatments shall be as
shown on the approved plan/s Drawing No 03 Revision A, with
the exception of any approved non material amendment.