The Deputy Leader is able to make individual Executive decisions on delegated matters as detailed in the Council’s Constitution. A summary of the responsibilities of this post is below, for full details visit Part 3 of the Constitution.
· Overall policy direction (with Leader)
· Public service reform (with Cabinet Member for Customers and Business Transformation)
· Council plan 2019 - 2023
· Council performance and improvement
· Corporate communications - public relations, Your Chesterfield etc. (with Leader)
· Revenue budget and medium term financial plan
· Capital strategy and programme
· Treasury management and investment strategy
· Climate change strategy
· Chesterfield town centre masterplan (with Cabinet Member for Town Centres and Visitor Economy)
· Lead – internal strategic partnerships.
Support officer: Brian Offiler.