The Enterprise and Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee meets bi-monthly and comprises 8 Councillors.
The committee will agree its own work programme and it may:
· review existing policies and actions;
· develop and propose new policies;
· receive matters for consideration that may be referred to it by the Cabinet or Council; set up Scrutiny Review Panels to scrutinise matters in more detail;
The Enterprise and Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee will look at the following service areas:
· Public and private housing including care for vulnerable people and ensuring decent homes;
· Business and economic development;
· Regeneration and employment;
· Sustainability, land and waste management;
· Sports and leisure.
The committee's work will involve looking at how the Council relates to and supports its business communities, and how policies, services and decisions support a thriving inclusive, local economy, how they are implemented and how performance is evaluated and improved.
Scrutiny Review Panels
As and when required the Enterprise and Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee may appoint task and finish groups called Scrutiny Review Panels to undertake specific scrutiny reviews of policies, issues or services in more detail. All non-executive councillors can be involved in Scrutiny Review Panel work whether or not they are a member of a Scrutiny Committee.
Support officer: Amanda Clayton. 01246 34 5273